Third Stage Consulting provides expert, 360, strategic outreach and impact campaigns…from highly targeted policy change efforts to audience building and short tours to niche, proactive community and educational outreach campaigns.
Most campaigns involve a combination of services. Thus, pricing will reflect your specific needs.
Primary variables that impact cost:
- Urgency/Short deadlines
- Complexity of written strategic impact campaign and subsequent budgets
- Existing materials and assets
- Existing and extensive contact list
- Existing partnerships
- Number of unique audience niches
- Financial and impact goals of campaign
- Campaign Budget
Third Stage Services include:
- Strategic Planning for Impact Campaign
- Impact Campaign Management
- Community and Education Outreach and Distribution
- Social Media Impact Campaign
- Community Screening/Discussion Guide
- Partner Promotion Deck
- Theatrical Tour Audience Building
- Screening Tour management for films and speakers
- Short-term Consultations
Deliverable: Written strategic plan with defined goals, objectives, action steps and timeline. Includes frequent meetings with campaign team, partners and funders. End goal is a document that can be used as foundation for fundraising and grant applications. Research, identify, initiate and preserve ongoing important NGO relationships. Often entails large-scale activities resulting from partnership. Vetting and identifying political context. May include research and development of campaign production budget.
Pricing is dependent on urgency, breadth of goals and objectives, written document needs, budget development, etc. Costs range from $2,000-$6,000 for plan. Plans typically require 4 months to complete depending on the extent of existing partnerships and background.
Includes fundraising and grant development support, managing contracts/contractors, overseeing campaign coordinators or assistants. Initiate and maintain relationships with partner organizations and other campaign influencers. Includes frequent and regular communication and reporting to filmmaker/producers. Includes leveraged relationships with distributors, theatrical agents and broadcasters. Monthly costs factor in size and scope of campaign.
These are turnkey services from identifying and testing wide audience interest (beyond the obvious), email promotions through invoicing and follow up.
- 1st month: Promotion strategy, asset assessment and development, outreach to existing partners, initial promotion designs
- 2nd month forward:
- Audience specific messaging, design and segmenting
- Ongoing engagement assessment
- Follow up on established interest and promotional interest
- Intense pipeline management
- Negotiation, invoicing, contracting and follow up
- Intensive formal and informal client communication
These services require a minimum 5-month commitment due to campaign preparation, realistic timeframe related to host communication, finding the ‘best pricing’ zone, audience list building and allowing for multiple promotions. Costs are contingent on existing contacts and partnerships and level of audience contact researched required. Costs may increase or decrease after 4 months depending on level of license sales, level of screening event management and filmmaker/subject appearances.
- Clear objective and indicator setting
- Campaign mapping and analysis
- Identification of stakeholders
- Extensive target audience research
- Set up all social media outlets
- Message crafting
- Effective message development/Call to action
- Media asset assessment and consultation
- Identification of strategic media formats and tactics
- Daily campaign management
- Website analysis and occasional edits/additions (not building)
Costs are contingent on existing promotional partners, size of audience development needed, existing social media assets, desired level of engagement, etc.
Film-branded host planning guide. Guide includes:
- Detailed screening logistics
- Sample event agendas
- Issue related resources
- Discussion questions and answers (between 10-15 items)
- Information related to partnering, funding and promoting event
Cost: $1,000 if combined with outreach and education services. $1,500 if sole service.
Powerpoint/PDF deck designed for presentations to corporate and large NGO screening and sales opportunities.Cost: $1,000 if combined with outreach and education services. $1,500 if sole service.
Includes proactive and aggressive niche, geo-located audience research and promotion to support local theatrical screenings. Theatrical campaigns often require fast-paced, time-driven activities. Services range from full team engagement to specific promotional activities as needed. Includes participation in all relevant meetings, input on materials, development of robust audience resources that may be used for future campaigns.
Theatrical audience development is estimated separately from community and educational outreach. Costs range from $2,000-$5,000/month depending on size and timing of tour.
Includes intensive outreach to book, negotiate and schedule film with appearances, typically over a 6-8 week period. May or may not target specific areas of the U.S. Tours require extensive promotion, contract negotiations and tight scheduling (timing, travel, accommodations, etc.). Does not include arranging specific travel once contract is negotiated. Financial goals are mutually determined and revenues are expected to exceed cost of the tour. Costs range from $2,000-$5,000/month depending on size and timing of tour.
Document Review (grants, guides, decks, website, etc.).
Cost: $110/hour. Extensive editing, writing and resource development: $500 per document.
Film Review with detailed notes:
Private screening to provide advice around impact, including potential audiences, strategies, campaign costs, resource evaluation, impact opportunities and challenges. This consultation is not editorial. Includes full film screening, notes and 2-hours of consultation. Cost: $600 (Fee waived for contracted impact and outreach campaign clients)